About the role:
Software Automation Quality Engineer at Objectivity is a specialist in the field of software quality assurance. Such a person carefully selects tools for specific tasks in the scope of testing based on specification, structure or experience. In situations that require so, he or she uses automatization tools, but mostly takes care of user security as well as software efficiency and usability. Such a person is not afraid of going beyond their role and suggesting better solutions in a bold manner. He or she introduces improvements related to writing a code individually or making the use of other specialists’ assistance. He or she effectively performs tasks thanks to building relations with his or her project team, i.e. a programmer, a business analyst or a support engineer, as well as the client. Such a person participates in the whole life cycle of a project, from the very stage of consulting, through software creation, to its support. Software Automation Quality Engineer is a person with passion - eager to learn and share his or her knowledge.
Your daily work:
- Working with Programmers and Business Analysts to define automated testing approach for the projects,
- Designing and developing automation test framework,
- Estimating, designing, developing and maintaining automated test scenarios and test data,
- Executing automated tests, monitoring and reporting test results,
- Helping to analyse results for runs of automated test cases,
- Performing application testing, reporting test results, creating test documentation.
- Mentoring others in automated tests.
Why it is worth joining us:
- At Objectivity, we have several specialists working on test automation, including Automation Quality Engineers, Software Development Engineers in tests, Test Architects. Over 45% of our Quality Engineers are familiar with at least one programming language, and we specialize mainly in .Net and Java.We implement automation to project that require so.
- Testing is one of the most important areas in our organization. Over 1/7 of all employees (about 80 people) work in this area. This is a role which is required in every project. Moreover, it’s worth mentioning that in the most projects tests are carried out according to the Test automation pyramid.
- We work with agile methodologies using agile ceremonies.
- We have a clearly defined development path - from junior, through regular, to a senior. We also provide a possibility to specialize in automated, performance and security tests. You are also supported by a mentor who is an expert in the field.
- Apart from developing in your current position, you are also given an opportunity to change your career path or retrain for different roles, e.g. business analyst, programmer etc.
- We are lucky to work with passionate specialists who take care of both their own development as well as the development of their projects. Therefore, we have well-functioning communities, internal training courses, lightening talks (short presentations aiming at knowledge or interests sharing). In addition, we support our employees in their own brand-building. Many of our colleagues act as speakers at fairs and conferences.
- Apart from business projects, we also have internal projects, the purpose of which is to test our latest solutions, tools and technologies. It gives us an opportunity to improve our competences in a practical way and in a safe environment.
- Each of us directly cooperates with a leader. Moreover, in our daily work we put an emphasis on feedback. During regular meetings with a technical leader, you will find out your strengths and determine the way of using them for both business and personal development purposes.
… Even if we do not get to start our cooperation, you are certain to receive extensive feedback including both business and technical aspects. We believe it is one of the most valuable development tools.
Benefits at Objectivity
Learn more about the perks that help us focus on delivery by addressing lots of daily challenges of working professionals.
Working time: 40 hours/week (8hrs/day including 30 mins lunch break)
Holidays: 26 days for all ees from the 1st day of employment
15 days of paid sick leave - for all ees from the 1st day
Working remotely or at the office
Flexible working hours
Internal trainings, workshops
Gold Cards (8 days per year for professional development)
Bonus for recommending professional
English classes during working hours
Long service award