About the role:
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will be part of the team working in area of hospitality businesses or mobile data. As a Data Engineer in our growing Data & AI Guild, you will support our clients in solving their challenges within data modelling, integration, scalability and optimisation.
This position provides development opportunities in cloud technologies. If you like to have some space and independence, but also work in a Scrum team, then we are likely to cooperate.
Division of working time
Creating new features
Contact with client
Your daily work:
- Delivering Business Intelligence projects, including data ingestion and transformation; Lakehouse modelling and development; performance optimisation and scalability of distributed resilient systems.
- Taking part in each step of development - from requirements gathering until deployment to the production.
- Working in a way that uses the best practices of Scrum and other agile methodologies.
- Cooperating directly with clients.
- Working both on your own and as a team member.
Must-have skills & experience:
- Python, PySpark,
- Databricks / Azure Synapse/ Apache Spark,
- Experience with Lakehouse architecture,
- Experience with NoSQL and relational DB,
- Strong data modelling concepts,
- Experience with cloud, preferable Azure,
- Experience in ensuring high quality of the solution,
- Agile practices,
- 5 years of experience.
Nice to have:
- Microsoft Fabric,
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering.
Why it is worth joining us:
- We provide an opportunity to participate in various projects within the data and AI domain.
- Each of us has 8 days for their personal upskill. This time is just for you to learn a new skill or hone the ones that you already have.
- We deliver data solutions for various clients from the aviation domain, huge retailers, e-commerce, whisky manufacturers.
- Data & AI is an important area at Objectivity. Our team consists of over a dozen experienced Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Architects.
- We implement solutions involving AI applications - some interesting examples include: counting the size of a herd of sheep on satellite photos (http://bit.ly/3bobPL2), or a recommendation engine for a recruitment company (https://bit.ly/3s8erUd).
- We design architectures of analytical solutions that allow clients to process much larger volumes of data and increase analytical capabilities. These solutions are often based on cloud services (Azure, AWS). You will have a possibility to learn all of them.
- We welcome out-of-the box thinking and creativity, and we embrace the organisational culture of knowledge sharing and friendly help - we do our best to provide support, tools and work environment that you need to excel at what you do.
Benefits at Objectivity
Learn more about the perks that help us focus on delivery by addressing lots of daily challenges of working professionals. The type of contract shall depend on the actual rules of cooperation established between us during the recruitment process. Only employees are entitled to benefits package.
‘Great Place to Work’ Certificate
Working remotely or at the Gdańsk/Wrocław office
Contract for an indefinite period from day one
Private medical care for you, your partner and kids
Insurance capital fund
Life and travel insurance
Cafeteria System (Multisport card, vouchers)
Development within working hours (8 days/year)
Over 70 internal training courses
Soft skill workshops
English or German classes during working hours
Sport & CSR Events
Funding of certification and external courses
33 days of sick-leave with 100% of sick pay
Bonus for recommending a highly-skilled professional
1-to-1 talks rather than periodic assessments
Fresh fruits and snacks in the office
This is how your recruitment process will look
We are here to help
Senior Recruitment & Onboarding Specialist
My strengths, according to the Gallup Institute, are as follows: Responsibility, Discipline, Intellection, Input and Futuristic. This means that I take ownership of what I say I will do. You can be sure that your application will be processed in a professional manner, and regardless of the final decision, you will receive valuable feedback. During the interview, I create a friendly and casual atmosphere that favours openness - as I believe that recruitment meetings should be beneficial for both the recruiter and the candidate.