About the role:
We are looking for a candidate for the position of an Accountant, who will responsible for the timely and correct processing of particular accounting transactions according to the German tax and accounting regulations.
Your daily work:
- Entry, assignment, and booking of accounting and financial documents (including purchase invoices, sales invoices, employees expenses, bank statements, accruals, payroll) based on the German accounting and tax regulations.
- Monitoring the correct workflow and correctness and completeness of accounting documentation.
- Registration of fixed assets and accrued expenses.
- Monitoring settlements with counterparts and reconciliation of accounts.
- Settlement of employees’ business trips.
- Responsibility for VAT declarations according to the German tax regulations in cooperation with external tax advisor.
- Involvement in preparing financial data for external audit purposes (including VAT/income tax audits).
- Preparation of required reports for the authorities, e.g. for Bundesbank, Statistik Amt.
- Monitoring changes in the German tax regulations; cooperation with an external tax advisor on current tax issues.
- Contact with German tax authorities.
- Involvement in booking accounting documents - mainly purchase invoices and employees’ expenses for the Polish entity – Objectivity Sp. z o.o. .
Must-have skills & experience:
- Over 3 years of accounting experience.
- Practical knowledge of the German tax and accounting regulations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the area of finance.
- Good knowledge of the German language (at least C2 level).
- Good knowledge of the English language (at least B2 level).
- Knowledge of ERP – preferably Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Why it is worth joining us:
- You can specialise in the accounting area in the IT industry.
- You have a possibility of working with the finance team.
- We are recognised as a Great Place to Work.
- ...and there are other benefits, which you can see below.
Benefits at Objectivity
Learn more about the perks that help us focus on delivery by addressing lots of daily challenges of working professionals.
This is how your recruitment process will look
We are here to help
Recruitment & Onboarding Specialist
Hi, my name is Ola.
My strengths, according to the Gallup Institute, are as follows: Harmony, Developer, Woo, Positivity and Individualization. This means that, during recruitment processes, I can easily build a connection with people - even if we share different perspectives or viewpoints. I am a chatty, people-oriented person, easy to talk to. I always see potential in others. When I interact with candidates, my goal is to help them succeed. I enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and I value every human interaction. I’ll try to match you with the best Objectivity team, and if it doesn’t happen, I respect the culture of feedback and I promise to keep you well-informed.